If You Live Locally, These Discounts Are Just For You!
Being a Bay local is a pretty sweet deal – but who doesn’t love scoring an extra bargain now and then?!
Many of our best attractions offer discounts for local residents, so we’ve compiled a list of what’s on offer. You’ll generally need proof of your address so grab your latest utilities bill and go have some fun without breaking the bank.
Check out these special deals for February:
- Bay Explorer: 30% off adult tickets for their dolphin and wildlife cruises. Just use ‘Kiwi30’ at the online checkout to receive your discount.
- Kewpie Cruises: 10% off adult fares (normally $30). Kids under 12 are always free (one per adult family member).
- Orca Wild Adventures: Use the promo code ‘DOLPHINLOVE’ to receive 20% off swimming with dolphins on bookings up to the end of February
- Trinity Wharf: 15% off (best available rate) for February 2021 stays. Use the code ‘summer15’ when booking direct on their website.
- Waimarino Glowworm Kayaking Tour: Enjoy off-peak pricing in February of $135 per adult (down from $149) for this single or double kayak tour. Off-peak pricing for the Big Kanu Glowworm tour will kick in on 1st March and will cost $99 per adult (down from $109).
Discounts Available For Locals All Year Round:
- Baywave: Discount on general admission for Trustpower/TECT customers ($6.40 per adult vs $8; $4.20 per child vs $5.30). Note: TECT no longer issue a discount card so take your Trustpower bill with you to get the cheaper rate).
- Dolphin Seafaris: 10% discount for locals using ‘GoLocal’
- East Coast Paddler: Receive $5 off SUP Hire and SUP Express Lessons with your Tauranga Resident Card. Discounts also available on group lessons (4+ locals).
- Hibiscus Surf School: 15% off ALL products using promo code (15OFF).
- Mount Hot Pools: Receive half-price admission with a ‘Tauranga Resident Card’. You must live or own a property within Tauranga City Council boundaries to be eligible. Bring proof of your address to the Hot Pools and fill out an application form – you will then be issued with a card for future use. Too easy! (NB: The Mount Hot Pools is closed from Jan 25 until Apr 1, 2021.)
- Skydive Tauranga: Show your Tauranga Resident Card to receive a discount. If two people jump together, you’ll receive 10% off the jump price per person. If a single person jumps, they’ll receive 10% off all camera packages.
- Tauranga Art Gallery: NZ Residents’ entry is by donation (children 12 years & under are free). International Visitors $7.
- The Elms | Te Papa: Tauranga residents receive cheaper admission ($7.50 per adult compared to $10 for NZ resident or $15 for international tourist).
- V8 Trikes: enter the code ‘LOCAL’ at checkout to receive a 20% discount on online bookings.
- Wanderlust NZ: 10% discount on accommodation until August 2021 – must show proof of address, book direct and mention “local's deal”.
ElementApiProduct.ss --- Carousel