Meet our local Maori guide at Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village to learn how they live amongst the geothermals W2 - Authentic Rotorua
Travel with Tauranga's most experienced cruise tour operators and discover the fascinating sights (and smells) of Rotorua - New Zealand's cultural and geothermal hub.
This fully guided small group tour takes you to the Whakarewarewa - The Living Māori Village in Te Whakarewarewa thermal valley to experience the best value for money destination in town.
What to expect:
-Experience life as a local at Whakarewarewa - The Living Māori Village - a real village built amongst an active geothermal valley. An insightful 1-hour tour of the village with one of the residents is included.
- See bubbling mud pools, boiling hot pools and the ever-playful Pohutu Geyser. You'll soon understand why Rotorua is nicknamed 'Sulphur City'!
- Enjoy an authentic 30-minute cultural show by Te Pakira - one of Rotorua's leading performance groups. See songs, chants and poi dancing...as well as the famous war dance - the Haka.
- Learn how the Maori people have adapted to life in this unique landscape - using nature to help in everyday life. You'll be amazed by how useful the hot springs can be!
- Enjoy all the famous sights of Rotorua city - including Government Gardens, the Bath House, Rachel Spring and the stunning lakefront.
- Marvel at the lush Bay of Plenty countryside - passing forests, lakes, orchards, beaches and more. We even stop at a kiwifruit orchard so you can see first-hand how these furry icons are grown.