Hibiscus Surf School began in the spring of 2004 and continues to provide quality surf instruction to all levels of surfers, from beginner to advanced.
The Hibiscus Surf School team is passionate about surfing and living in beautiful Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
Ray, Manager and Good Vibe Connoisseur, is originally from California and has been surfing the world since he's left. Ray is passionate about the positive affectsurfing has on life and being able to share that stoke.
Rebecca, Owner, grew up competing and coaching skiing at the Olympic level. She always wanted to learn to surf and moved to Mount Maunganui to make her dream come true. She found the Mount to be perfect for achieving her goals and feels very lucky to be able to teach surfing to hundreds of students every summer.
Ray and Rebecca have selected a small number of fantastic surf instructors to join our growing school. With Hibiscus, you will:
- Learn to Surf - and have fun doing it! We will teach you to ride waves within 2 hours.
- Have fully certified instructors.
- Gain confidence, water skills and balance.
- All equipment is provided.
- All ages and abilities are welcome; beginner to advanced.
- We offer a wide variety of community events to be a part of.
- Come see us at Main Beach or Tay St in Mount Maunganui.
- We’re happy to talk surfing and answer any surfing questions you have!
Look for the Hibiscus surf trailers or red Hibiscus gazebo. We look forward to surfing with you!