Hibiscus Surf School began in the spring of 2004 and continues to provide quality surf instruction to all levels of surfers, from beginner to advanced.
Hibiscus Surf School owners, Guy and Rebecca, are passionate about surfing and living in beautiful Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
Guy is a Kiwi with 16 years surfing experience-a self-taught surfer, he learned the “hard way.” Now a professional Surf Instructor, he takes great pride in making surfing much easier for others. He lives by his motto “the best surfer out there is the one having the most fun.”
Rebecca grew up in Montana, skiing and loving the outdoors. She always wanted to learn to surf and moved to New Zealand to make the dream come true. She found Mount Maunganui to be perfect for achieving her goals and feels very lucky to live in such an amazing part of the world.
- Learn to Surf - and have fun doing it! We will teach you to ride waves within 2 hours.
- Fully certified instructors.
- Gain confidence, water skills and balance.
- All equipment is provided.
- All ages and abilities are welcome; beginner to advanced.
- Come see us at Main Beach, Mount Maunganui or Papamoa Beach
- We’re happy to talk surfing and answer any surfing questions you have.
Look for the Hibiscus surf van or red Hibiscus gazebo. We look forward to surfing with you!