A Strange Caravan travels its way around New Zealand this spring.
A collective of renowned kiwi songwriters and solo artists, tracing lineage to many of NZ’s most loved bands, join forces this spring to bring you The Strange Caravan Tour.
The tour features Bret McKenzie, Age Pryor, Justin Firefly, Nigel Collins and Ben Lemi, whose musical projects include Fly My Pretties, Trinity Roots and Flight of the Conchords to name but a few. This five piece ensemble now congregate to showcase new original songs in intimate live settings across the country this November and December.
Starting as a series of jam sessions between old friends, the group of songsmiths has blossomed from an ad hoc hangout to full musical partnership over the last eighteen months.
Age Pryor explains;”Justin, Nigel and Bret were getting together to try out tunes, and I joined when I happened to be in Wellington - Justin and I had done the same thing before, in jams that became the Woolshed Sessions album. The multi-talented Ben Lemi was the last to join the group, and turned out to be the missing piece of the evolving jigsaw.”
These 5 musicians will be hitching their wagon and travelling the length and breadth of New Zealand for the very special Strange Caravan tour.
- Bret McKenzie (Flight of the Conchords)
- Age Pryor (Fly My Pretties, Woolshed Sessions, Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra)
- Justin Firefly (Fly My Pretties, Woolshed Sessions)
- Nigel Collins (Flight of the Conchords, Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra)
- Ben Lemi (Trinity Roots, French For Rabbits)