Travel with Tauranga's most experienced cruise tour operators and discover the fascinating sights (and smells) of Rotorua - New Zealand's cultural and geothermal hub.
This fully guided small group tour takes you to the Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village in Te Whakarewarewa thermal valley to experience the best value for money destination in town.
What to expect:
- Experience life as a local at Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village - a real village built amongst an active geothermal valley. An insightful 1 hour tour of the village with one of the residents is included.
- See bubbling mudpools, boiling hotpools and the ever-playful Pohutu Geyser. You'll soon understand why Rotorua is nicknamed 'Sulphur City'!
- Enjoy an authentic 30 minute cultural show by Te Pakira - one of Rotorua's leading performace groups. See songs, chants and poi dancing...as well as the famous war dance - the Haka.
- Learn how the Maori people have adapted to life in this unique landscape - using nature to help in everyday life. You'll be amazed how useful the hot springs can be!
- Enjoy all the famous sights of Rotorua city - including Government Gardens, the Bath House, Rachel Spring and the stunning lakefront.
- Marvel at the lush Bay of Plenty countryside - passing forests, lakes, orchards, beaches and more. We even stop at a kiwifruit orchard so you can see first-hand how these furry icons are grown.
TripAdvisor traveler rating
Shore Trips and Tours Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village W2
This tour departs from directly outside the main Port of Tauranga gates at Salisbury Ave
Mon 7:30am to 9:00pm
Tue 7:30am to 9:00pm
Wed 7:30am to 9:00pm
Thu 7:30am to 9:00pm
Fri 7:30am to 9:00pm
Sat 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sun 9:00am to 9:00pm