Travel with Tauranga's most experienced cruise tour operators and discover the fascinating sights (and smells) of Rotorua - New Zealand's cultural and geothermal hub.
This fully guided small group tour takes you to the Whakarewarewa Village in Te Whakarewarewa thermal valley to experience the best value for money destination in town.
What to expect:
- Experience life as a local at Whakarewarewa Village - a real village built amongst an active geothermal valley. An insightful 1 hour tour of the village with one of the residents is included.
- See bubbling mudpools, boiling hotpools and the ever-playful Pohutu Geyser. You'll soon understand why Rotorua is nicknamed 'Sulphur City'!
- Enjoy an authentic 30 minute cultural show by Te Pakira - one of Rotorua's leading performace groups. See songs, chants and poi dancing...as well as the famous war dance - the Haka.
- Learn how the Maori people have adapted to life in this unique landscape - using nature to help in everyday life. You'll be amazed how useful the hot springs can be!
- Enjoy all the famous sights of Rotorua city - including Government Gardens, the Bath House, Rachel Spring and the stunning lakefront.
- Marvel at the lush Bay of Plenty countryside - passing forests, lakes, orchards, beaches and more. We even stop at a kiwifruit orchard so you can see first-hand how these furry icons are grown.
TripAdvisor traveler rating
Shore Trips and Tours- Living Maori Village Tour W2
This tour departs from directly outside the main Port of Tauranga gates at Salisbury Ave
Mon 7:30am to 9:00pm
Tue 7:30am to 9:00pm
Wed 7:30am to 9:00pm
Thu 7:30am to 9:00pm
Fri 7:30am to 9:00pm
Sat 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sun 9:00am to 9:00pm