Explore the unique lakeside city of Rotorua - New Zealand's home of volcanic features and Maori culture. What you see and do for the day is entirely up to you!
While in Rotorua the bus will make 4 circuits to 5 different stops within the city. Attraction fees are not included with your shuttle ticket:
- Te Puia (also adjacent to Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village, a 5-minute walk). Here you can see the famous Pohutu Geyser, geothermal pools and springs, traditional Maori culture, kiwi birds and much much more.
- Rotorua Information Centre (iSite) in the centre of the city. The best stop to explore the shops.
- Rotorua Lakefront - adjacent to Volcanic Air helicopter/flight centre and Kawarau Jetboat
- Polynesian Spa - a world famous natural geothermal spa, which is also close to the Government Gardens, Bath House Museum and the Blue Baths.
- Skyline gondola and luge - ride the cable car up to a family fun attraction with amazing views and delicious food.
Also from this stop you can visit Rainbow Springs (2-minute walk) to see native New Zealand wildlife, and Rotorua Canopy Tours - an award winning zip lining tour focused on adrenalin and conservation. OGO (another version of the famous ZORB rides) is just a 10-minute walk away.
We can also drop you at Hells Gate (for mudbathing) or River Rats rafting centre for their Kaituna rafting trips. Both of these destinations are on the way into Rotorua, and each has a courtesy shuttle that can drop you back in Rotorua City where you can rejoin our shuttle bus and enjoy seeing the rest of Rotorua.
- At least 10% off entry fees to a number of the main attractions. Book in advance with our team to secure your deal.
- If we have time, on the way home we will visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown.
- Full commentary from your guide - learn about the region as you travel!
Please remember, the cost of the destinations you could visit are not included in the cost of this tour.
Please allow 7 hours
TripAdvisor traveler rating
Shore Trips and Tours - Rotorua Hop On Hop Off Explorer
This tour will depart from Salisbury Wharf Car Park, just outside the Port of Tauranga
Mon 7:30am to 9:00pm
Tue 7:30am to 9:00pm
Wed 7:30am to 9:00pm
Thu 7:30am to 9:00pm
Fri 7:30am to 9:00pm
Sat 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sun 9:00am to 9:00pm