Do business in the Bay of Plenty
Priority One is the economic development organisation covering Tauranga and the Western Bay of Plenty. The organisation was established by the business community and is half funded by business membership, making it a unique structure for an economic development organisation in New Zealand. It is also contracted to deliver economic outcomes by Tauranga City and Western Bay of Plenty District councils.
Their job is to grow the economy of the region working with local authorities to ensure local government and business needs and aspirations are aligned. Priority One actively encourage Bay of Plenty businesses to grow by the removal of roadblocks, ensuring the skills and experience required by industry are available locally, and active targeting of offshore businesses into the Western Bay of Plenty market.
Priority One has identified five key areas of focus:
- Developing competitive advantage: The retention, growth and attraction of highly productive and rapidly growing businesses.
- Skills for industry: The attraction and development of the required skill resource to meet industry needs. The growth of industry clusters comprising of businesses that are innovative, export-oriented and sustainability focused.
- Tertiary eduction and research: The development of regional partnerships with targeted tertiary and research institutions that support and accelerate innovation and entrepreneurship and assist to internationalise the region’s businesses.
- Maori economic development: Building relationships and effective communication networks with the Maori economic community to increase understanding and create a strong platform to achieve Maori economic development and enhancement.
- Infrastructure: The establishment of appropriate infrastructure to ensure that economic development is not constrained.
For more information on how Priority One can help you build your business in the Bay visit www.priorityone.co.nz or phone 07 571 1401